Can you tell that it has been a long time since my last post? When last I wrote (exactly 7 months ago, but who is counting?), we were on the brink of moving to the east side of Seattle. It would have been a wonderful opportunity to chronicle the early joys & pains of moving to have been consistent with this blog. Alas, that did not happen. At all.
Let's just fast forward to May, right? The girls and I had a very relaxing weekend. After a week filled with May showers the weekend arrived with lots of sun and warm air. Saturday we went to The Little School for the May Art Fair. The girls painted wood picture frames, frosted cookies, got temporary tattoos, saw a puppet show, and made lovely ceramic tiles. All of those projects were interspersed with copious play on the jungle gyms. Alden has become very fond of Liesl's teacher, Barbara, who we hope will be Alden's teacher next year. Alden insisted on sitting on Barbara's lap to watch the puppet show. With Stephen out of town on a business trip, I have been dropping Liesl off at school every morning for the past week and it has been a struggle each day to get Alden out of the classroom. This morning she told me that she wanted to stay and play with Barbara!
We were fortunate to have the lovely weather continue on Sunday for Mother's Day. The girls and I video-conferenced over Skype with my family. Admittedly, both Liesl & Alden get WILD when they chat by video, so once the call was over I shoved them outside so that they could run around the yard. I took the opportunity to tidy up the garden and check-in on the three new trees that Stephen and I planted in April. All of them appear to be flourishing and it was neat to see lots of little white flowers had bloomed on the two that are Paperbark Cherry trees.
Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures from this weekend. However, I have taken a number of pictures in our new home including a series of "before & after" style shots. I will try to get those posted sooner rather than later, so that this blog doesn't turn into a quarterly report!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment